Re: Nanacara Aureocephalus

Hey John,
I just went through something similar and IMHO I would move the extras to
their own tank and leave the pair.  My regani were quite secretive and
suprised me with a spawn with the 2 extra females in the tank. It was a
hasssle to remove them.

Best wishes for your fishes,

Francine

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001 22:40:51 -0500 (EST), apisto@listbox.com wrote:

>  Well folks I had to share this with someone.   I now have wigglers that
>  Mom is guarding.   She moved them from the original spawning site to
>  inside a small flower pot.   Mom isnt beating up dad , nor is dad making
>  any attempt to eat the wigglers, so far!!!   Keeping my fingers crossed.
>  It would be nice to have them turn out to be really good parents.
>
>  Now the Next good news,  Looks like a have a bonding pair of Crenicichla
>  Regani.   I have 2 males and 3 females in a large community tank, and
>  two have been hanging out together for the last 3 days, female is
>  getting larger in abdomen area but hasnt turned red yet.   Would it be
>  wise now to move them to their own tank or should i wait a bit longer to
>  see what happens?
>
>  And on top of all this, you should see the pair of Nanochromis
>  Transvestitus coloring up in that same tank as the Regani!!
>
>  I need more tanks, i guess 75 isnt enough any more!!   Oh no!!!!!!
>
>  John

Archives"!

Fish - Photography - Genealogy