Re: How much light is too much light?

  Though I haven't kept rams, I have just upgraded the light on my 35
gal tank one more time.  I am now running 4 20W flourescents and 2 20W
compact flourescents.  The plants love it, and the apistos don't seem
none the worse.  I think if your tank is heavily planted enough, it
won't bother the fish too bad because there will be lots of shade from
the plants.

HTH

=====
J. Miller