Some A cacatuoides questions

I have a group (1M:4F) of A cacatuoides "Red/Gold", and had a few questions
for the group:

What size (footprint) tank should I house these in?  I would prefer not to
remove the male after spawning, and I would hope to raise a few fry without
needing to remove them.  The tank will be heavily planted and/or driftwood
filled.

I haven't heard of the "Red/Gold" variety before -- is this someone's
clever name for a mixed variety?  Is is a cardinal sin to allow these to
cross with another variety (double/triple reds, etc)?  Or is there some
doubt that these are all the same species?  Are these color varieties found
only in specific locales in the wild (as per many African rift lake cichlids)?

Will these guys be hard on tankmates such as otocinoclus and shrimp (given
enough room)?

Right now they're in a 15g tank full of Java Fern, Java Moss, and assorted
other plants.  I've gotta get them in another tank before someone spawns
and all heck breaks lose.

Thanx much,
BRiaN