Re: New Apistos

Pete,

Your friend has been bringing in fish from Trop Rio/Apisto Heaven it appears.

Apisto Rio Mamore Super Red is a very colorful form of the trifasciata-group
species A. sp. Mamoré red-tail.

Apisto 'Emerald Alenquer' is the same as A. cf. geisleri Smaragd/Emerald

Apisto 'Rio Preto do Candirius' is a misspelling of A. sp. Rio Preto do Candeias
an unusual steindachner-group species from the upper Madeira. Too bad you're in
the UK. I need a male for my female.

A. 'goldline Tucurui' is A. cf. agassizii Tocantins/Gold-line

A. 'Tucurui Red' I think is a red form of A. agassizii from the lower Tocantins.

Apisto 'Erdfresser Lyretail' is A. sp. Erdfresser(Earth-eater)/Lyretail Purus, a
lyretailed  pertensis-group species from the Rio Purus.

Apisto agassizi 'Alenquer Red tail' is probably a red-tailed aggie from Lagua
Alenquer (home of Pidgeon Blood Discus), but I'm not sure. It might be a
red-tailed form of A. cf. agassizii Alenquer, the blue & gold aggie from this
area.

A. resticulosa it the true A. resticulosa from the type locality near Humaita.

A. gibbiceps 'orange face' is a colorful form of A. gibbiceps.

A. borelli 'super yellow' is a pretty form of A. borellii from the Pantanal area
of Brazil (I think).

Most of these are captive bred fish produced near Rio de Janeiro.

I hope this helps.