Re: Bare bottom tanks?

***********ORIGINAL  MESSAGE ***********

On 1/23/01 at 8:34 PM BigJohnW@webtv.net wrote:

>Hello Eric
>
>I am one of those ppl that primarily use bare bottom tanks for both
>rearing and breeding tanks.    I find the ease of cleaning them far out
>way the estetic looks of a tank with gravel.
>
>I have not found many species that prefer tanks with gravel and that
>wouldnt spawn if they didnt have gravel in the tank.
<SNIP>JOhn

Interesting. I have tried a couple of times with Kribs and they wouldn't
spawn. Put them back in gravel and they do. I heard that "kribs will spawn
in a toilet" but I can't get them to spawn in a bare tank.  :-))

Scotty
scottyflag@enter.net

Philadelphia Area Betta Society
http://karlin1.com/PABSdefault.htm