From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Eric Martina
Sent: Monday, 29 January 2001 7:53 AM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: RE: Info wanted.

Hello Nick!
>From what I understand, Apistogramma cacatuoides are one of the easiest
Apistos to keep and breed. They can be kept in a fairly wide range of pH
(6.5-7.2) and can even handle harder water than most Apistos (dGH of up to
10, or so I have read). They should be fine in a community tank, as long as
you have plenty of hiding places. My friend gave me 6 a while ago and right
now I have them in my community tank with blue rams, an A. borellii, a L075
pleco, some danios, some small flying foxes, and some ottos. They tank is
fairly well planted with rocks and drift wood. None of the fish have harmed
the plants at all. I am in the U.S. and can't really help you about finding
them in Australia, sorry. I hope this helps!