Re: RE: decreasing ph

Hello, I am  a complete newbie and the one who asked the question so my
answer must be taken with that in mind.  Profile is a similar product to
fluorite but much cheaper.  It is a fired clay product but has no nutrients
added like I believe fluorite does.  It is sold by Schultz as aquatic potting
soil or at Wal-mart as soil conditioner.  The only difference between these
two products being cost and grain size.  The cheaper stuff at walmart is only
a little smaller in grain size than fluorite.  I got my info from the krib
website.  It seems that many people on the aquarium plant digest have had
good results with it.   I want to use it in my new tank set up because I
would like to find a cheaper alternative to fluorite.  In closing can anybody
tell me how often to check my PH after reach my target  number, or is that
something I will just have to play around with?  Teresa