Re: Cacatuoides spawn

I had the same problem. So I decided to limit the space. I put the pair into a 10 by themselves, with 3 caves, and a nice hunk of wood covered in java moss. I made sure that I could see the opening of the cave so that I could check on things. As soon as the fry were free swimming, I took both of the parents out. I have about 40 or so fry, about 2 weeks old and they are doing well.

Rich

DONALDDCGEMINI@aol.com wrote:

What's your secret?  My female has spawned twice and after a day or so she
then devours them?!!  I've got her and the male in a heavily planted 55 gl.
along with three other female Caucatoides.

Later,Don