Re: Albinos

Bill wrote:

>>>No matter how often I try the calc'n over, using a
Mendelian Formula, I keep getting 1:16 (the square root of 256).  That
is if both parents have one allele for albinism - that's the only way
it'll show up.<<<

Isn't 1:16 the ratio for each parent and then you'd have to calculate
the odds of the two of them breeding?  <<<

  That's right!  Which is probably why we see almost no albino apistos
in the hobby... yet.  I'm sure the more we breed the specialized color
forms (ie. 3x red cacatoos) we'll see some albinos popping up.

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.