Re: Albinos

  Sorry about the 1:256 chance of albinism.  I can't seem to get that
number again.  I think I multiplied too many times when figuring out
the calculations.  No matter how often I try the calc'n over, using a
Mendelian Formula, I keep getting 1:16 (the square root of 256).  That
is if both parents have one allele for albinism - that's the only way
it'll show up.
  The sources for the calc'ns are from my high school and early
university ecology classes.  I also remember seeing these calc'ns in a
book about keeping and breeding guppys.

  If you want more info on Mendelian Genetics, let me know, I'll help
out where I can.

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.