Suicidal pair

  Well,  yesterday, I re-did my fish room - pretty modest, just three
tanks now.  I figured everyone would like a change to stimulate some
breeding.
  I put my pair of A. bitaeneata in an open-top, heavily planted ten
gallon tank with an overflow filter.  That is not a good idea!  When I
first put them in there, they were happy as could be - breeding
displays and everything!
  But this morning when I turned on the lights, they were nowhere to be
found.  I figured they were still in their caves, so I just fed them
and left the room.  When I came back to check them out again later, I
checked all of the caves, in all the plants and they were gone.
  I found them on the floor dried and dead.  What a disappointment!

What a way to start the weekend.

=====
J. Miller
Edmonton, AB, Can.