Re: Diatom Bloom

I'm Back!  Las Vages was crazy as always and I didn't lose a lot of money.
I just wanted to Thank you everyone for your insight on my "Diatom Bloom" -
still going on.  Although since I cut the hours of light on the tank, there
has been no increase in growth.  I have had experience with that Blue-green
algae stuff in my community tank before, but this isn't that.  The bloom I
have is where the water just starts turning green and cloudy; a microfilter
clears it up right away - but I can't do that with my baby rams. - which, by
the way, are very fat and healthy.  I'm thinking with the water changes I
can again start to do and less hours of light on the tank and I'm good
again.  I was just worried with me being gone and having a beginner (heck,
he actually has NO aquarist experience) watch my house and tanks.  This time
I was able to come back home with ALL my fish still alive.  What a sign of
relief!  Well, I have to go clean up my tanks ....Until next time ...
Bonny