Re: fish rooms

Colin,

Glass thickness depends more of tank depth than length. Tanks less than 12"/30cm
deep usually are made of what is called "double strength" plate glass here in the
US. That's about 3/16" or 5mm thick. Tanks that are 16"/40cm deep use a minimum
of 1/4" plate glass. In Spain I imagine it's 7mm. Anything over 1 meter in length
should have a cross brace on the top to prevent the glass from bowing. Tanks with
full frames can get away with slightly thinner glass because the glass is not the
structural support for the tank like in all glass aquaria.

Mike Wise