Re: Killing fish humanely

hi,
as far as i'm concern i was either puting the fish in boiling water or
hiting it hard while in the net. Both are fast and efficient.
As a matter of fact none of us wants to be a barbarian or torture our fish
neither do we want them to suffer if we can avoid that. Now, we are not
dealing with human either but with animals. I wish we had something
equivalent to Ether that we could use for fish. Maybe be putting them in a
bag with a tissue spread with Ether works, i do not know. Maybe the vodka
stuff is an equivalent of Ether in the way it works. But then, vodka is
expensive and at what pH and what hardness do we need it!! ;-) Just kidding.
!!!
take care
                    FLI USA

Yvan Alleau
712 Kings boulevard
97330 Corvallis, Oregon
home # 738-0606
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely !
yalleau@oce.orst.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"