Re: Killing fish humanely

This was a lengthy discussion on one of the rec.aquaria.* newsgroups a
few weeks ago.  The consensus (including one vet who said it is the best
alternative to comercial anesthesia) was to put the fish in a container
of vodka.  I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, this was diluted a bit
with water.  This way the fish slowly goes to sleep before it stops
breathing.  There were lots of methods mentioned, some far from humane,
but the "vodka nap" was the consensus (followed way behind by freezing,
which I for one wouldn't do).  Also, it was apparently important to use
vodka, not just any sort of alcohol.

Cameron