Nanacara question

Hey guys,
Quick question. How old do Nanacara's need to be to show their sex? I have one that looks commpletely different than the rest but I think they are too young (being only a couple of months old) - and not very big - the different looking one is still kinda floating with mom in the community tank instead of getting bigger with the others (I just couldn't get that last little bugger out - they weren't suppose to breed - and I certainly didn't expect mom to do such a good job).

Just Curious,
Bonny