Re: netting fish woes

In a message dated 06/04/01 16:56:31 GMT Daylight Time, david@paltalk.com
writes:

> I need to move some nanacara from one tank to another.  They are quite shy
> and they have a lot of hiding places.  As soon as I come near the tank they
> scatter for cover.

I've found the best way of catching dwarf cichlids is to utilise that hiding
response.  I have lots of half plantpots in my planted tanks - when the fish
dive for cover GENTLY lift the pot up and slip a large net under it.  This is
the only way I've learnt to catch Keyhole cichlids in planted tanks.

Alan W