Re: Apisto sp. "Lazer blue" ???

In a message dated 06/04/01 14:45:07 GMT Daylight Time, mgallade@hotmail.com
writes:

>  John is right.No people, those are not borelliis.These are some hybrids
>  coming out of Asia.I've seen them being sold as ,cacatuoides,borellii and
>  God nows what.Good luck finding a female for them.I never saw one.

I've seen them sold in the UK - one wholesaler is selling them as
Apistogramma agassizi 'Laser Blue' (and boy was I annoyed finding them after
driving 70 miles to pick up a pair of 'laser blue' aggies)

They look like they have a fair amount of Borelli Opal in them but are much
shallower in the body and have a 'long fin' gene.  They are either a hybrid
or are very very inbred.  Like many people have reported, I've also never
seen any females - but then I wouldn't want to propogate them anyway.

Alan W