Re: apisto V1 #731

Sorry, I'm way behind on the discussions here. I'm terrible--I get on my
computer almost daily, but I only check the email two or three times a
week!

But I was wondering--when you use the drip method, how do you keep the
end of the hose in the tank?!? I can't imagine stooping over holding the
tube in place for thirty minutes, but I can't leave I siphon hose alone
for three seconds without a disaster!

Also, I'd like to point out that if the 'Lazer blue' is indeed a hybrid,
then if you bred them only a small percentage of the fry would be 'Lazer
blue'. Most would be... (thanks to Mendel's law of independent
assortment!) mutts of all sorts.

Finally, when it comes to the 'do fish feel pain/how do I euthanize
them?' argument, my opinion is that whether or not fish do feel true
pain, there must be some displeasureable feeling, otherwise they would
have no incentive to live/stay out of danger. If it didn't hurt if you
cut off your finger, you probably would get pretty careless with that
saw!

Just my $2/100

William

Please visit our website at
homestead.juno.com/jgarden2000/aquaria.html