Re: Newbie....think I made a mess....fish just don't know it yet....

<<My ammonia is up between 2. and 3. my nitrites are also at peak and my
nitrates are the highest ever the top of the scale on my dry tab test
kit. I know I have a mess but, after everyone gets done telling me how
stupid I am could I possible get some advice to change this situation.>>

Your not stupid, just a little misinformed. With the ammo and nitrite
levels you have i'd say that your tank is'nt done cycling. Now your
plants are gonna think that's pretty cool, but the fish won't like it
very much. I'd suggest a 50% - 75% water change and keep an eye on the
levels, you are looking for the nitrites to peak (which they have) and
then fall, when you get a 0 reading for ammonia and nitrite your tank is
cycled. Any time the levels get into dangerous territory, just knock em'
back with a water change. now the downside to this, is it may make your
cycle take a little longer, but the only alternative is to just let it
cycle on it's own, and that could kill your fish.

As for the algae you have lots of nutrients (laterite) and lots of
wonderful light, and plants that are probably not well established yet.
Sooooo you get algae! Basically you have more nutrients and light in
there than the plants are using, so the algae is able to get a foothold
in your tank. now i've never been very good at getting rid of algae, but
you might want to cut back on the light a bit.

Alright now all you guys that don't agree with me .... BE NICE! LOL

Rich