Re: Newbie....think I made a mess....fish just don't know it yet....

Do you have any friends with fish tanks? If so, see if you can get a
mature filter from them, and about 5 gallons of water from their tank.
If you can, you will be able to set up the 10 with no worries. Just put
the aged water in there, top it off with dechlorinated tap water... and
put the filter and heater in. And.... presto! instant fish tank. Make
sure you get this stuff from a healthy tank, and be sure that the water
temp is ok. Lemme know how it works out for you...

Rich