Re: 'Big yellow band' Apisto?

Dear Mike,
People at my LFS that imports variety of fish are just making a mess, I
think. Thier emplyees don't know anything about fish, they only know how to
bag them to the customers!

I got a trio of Apistos which, at first, I did not know what they were
until I came back and check it out at The Kribs. On the tank, it was just
said "Apistogramma" and that's it! I just really want apistos so I bought
them, just cannot wait til the end of the month when my friend will be back
from Singapore.

Someone here said that "Big Yellow Band" might be Nannacara anomala. I look
at the kribs and they are quite familiar the ones I saw. I thin that 'Big
yellow band' probably refers to their yellow bellies! Would that be
possible? They are sold for 500 baht each (about 11 us$) Is this a rare
species? Should I go for it?

Arthit

>Arthit,

I have over 300 names given apistos, but 'Big Yellow Band Apisto' is a new
name
to me.

Mike Wise