Re: Apisto Predators

As a note in relation to Mike's statement...

I had a pair of C. regani in a 125g tank with some full grown aggies and
other dwarfs like Kribs and A. thomasi.  The tank was planted fairly well
and they all had their own little holes and hangouts.  The pike were fairly
passive.  This would all change the minute fry would appear in the tank.
The pike would take on a whole new attitude.  They would hide in the chain
swords and wait for the group of fry to come within range.  Then, flash,
the fry cloud scattered and the pikes had a mouth full.  As soon as the fry
were gone, or became so large that they weren't such an easy target, the
pike changed back to their "normal" behavior.  It was all very interesting
to watch. Not to good on my fry survival rates as the pike are very
efficient but interesting none the less.

Just a little observation I thought might fit in...

Ken Roese
Commercial Point, Oh