Re: Apisto Predators

	The pikes were added to the group last and they were about 2" at that
time.  The tank was fed a variety of frozen foods like Brine shrimp and
bloodworms.  The pikes pretty much prowled the whole tank, but would turn
tail and run if challenged away from their territory. To me, it appeared if
they couldn't get the whole thing in their mouth at once, they were not too
interested in it.  I believe that is why they left the full grown fish
alone. The chain sword jungle took up about 1/3rd of the tank.  I think the
other fish brough the fry there to feed on the organisms living deep
within.  There was some attractor, because for each species and with each
brood, the mother would guide them to the chain swords.  The pikes home
territory was on the other side of the tank. Their colors would intensify
also. Like they knew the hunt was on. They wouldn't even give anything I
dropped in the tank a look if they were aware of fry.

Ken Roese
Commercial Point, Ohio