Re: Diffrerence between 'wild-caught' and 'tank-bred'?

Also - when you are buying wild caught - they will usually tell you that. It would be listed as such. If they say it's from Singapore, that doesn't seem much different then "they are from Florida" to me. A lot of them are breed in Florida and a lot are bred from Singapore - in my experience. Just my experience AND what I have been told from breeders where I am from.
Bonny

From: Mike & Diane Wise <apistowise@bewellnet.com>
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Diffrerence between 'wild-caught' and 'tank-bred'?
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 09:25:20 -0600

Arthit,

A. cacatuoides usually sells under its own name. Probably the most common
species coming into the US as miscellaneous apistos are a mix of wild caught A.
bitaeniata with A. agassizii. Without seeing the fish it is hard to say what
they are. Most domestic bred apisto species are similar to wild caught species.
Only a few species have been "enhanced" by line breeding. A. cacatuoides, A.
agassizii, A. hongsloi, & "A. viejita" CF II are the ones that come to mind.

Mike Wise

------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is the apistogramma mailing list, apisto@listbox.com. For instructions on how to subscribe or unsubscribe or get help, email apisto-request@listbox.com. Search http://www.digital.com for "Apistogramma Mailing List Archives"!