Re: UV sterilizer

My concern is that I don't have a quarantine tank, as I have very limited space.  This has been something of an achilles heel.  I change lots of water & do maintenance, but I have had several die offs over the years subsequent to the introduction of new fish.  But, if the sterilizer would be counter productive, then its no answer.

Thanks for all you help.

Matt Diller

>>> mgallade@hotmail.com 04/18/01 03:00PM >>>
Mike,
I remember a thread on a Discus forum about UV sterilizers.I think the main
setback people mentioned is that a lot of beneficiary micro organisms that
Discus /fish need being killed as well.If you do your waterchanges(WC) and
tank maintenance  you should be fine without a UV system.By keeping discus I
really learned about the benefits of regular WC.
It's amazing how fish respond to at least twice a week WC.
Sorry for just throwing that in here.I should try to find the discussion
again.It was pretty interesting.
Max