Re: profile as substrate

Al,

  One of my best planted tanks is a thirty five gallon tank that has
been set up for about five years.  The substrate is nothing but silica
gravel, about 3mm.  The plants grow well with good light (about 80W
flourescent), and CO2, with a weekly addition of liquid fertilzer and
the odd Jobes plant spike.

HTH

> The aquatic planting soil is suppose to be the same stuff as the soil
> conditioner..the soil conditioner on the Shcultz page says it is
> inert
> also..also I just used a condutivity meter not a reagent kit...the
> stuff
> looks nice in the tank....but changing the water chemistry is not
> good.....just looking for something simple to grow some of the easy
> plants....looking for ideas from others who grow plants in soft water
> and do
> not go the super substrate method..if there is such a way...
>
> AL

Archives"!

=====
J. Miller