From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Bruce Bornstein
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 1:52 PM
To: 'apisto@listbox.com'
Subject: Apisto Tail Wagging

Is there any particular purpose to the act of an fish kind of wagging its
tail (while the fish stays in place) in the direction of another?  (In the
case I observed, the male was doing it towards the female).

Ive seen it before with killies, and they spawned soon thereafter, but I
dont know if it is related to spawning or just an aggression display.

Its almost like the fish wagging its tail is sending its scent, as if it
were saying "do you catch my drift?"