Re: Apisto Tail Wagging

Bruce,

This is a test of strength. Koslowski describes it in his book. The tail
wagging fish is actually pushing water at the other fish. The ability of the
other fish to resist the downward thrust of water determines how strong it is.
It's a test without any physical contact. It is used between the same sexes as
a means of determining dominance. It is used between opposite sexes to decide
on the suitability as mates.

Mike Wise