RE: krib spawning for the first time

>>>I've had a number of problems with spawning kribs, particularly with the parents falling out.<<<

I had a pair spawn in a 10 gallon tank.  I came in the next and the female beat up the male real bad.  He was cowering in a small rock cave, which made it difficult for me to remove him.  I ended up physically grabbing him by the caudal peduncle and lifting him out by hand.  As I was raising him to the surface, the female darted out of the corner and nailed him one last time.  Vicious!  His fins were all missing and he had terrible sores on his flanks.  He didn't last the day.

Bill Vannerson
McHenry, IL
http://vannerson.home.att.net/