Re: IMPORTANT! -Virus

People this thing has become worse than a virus!! If
it was real at least we would only have had to get one
email about it! The file mentioned is on ALL Windows
98 machines because IT CAME THERE WITH THE OPERATING
SYSTEM. Please stop responding to these messages. This
is not only not the topic of this list, it is
achieving the goals of most any virus, flooding mail
servers. I know I just added to it, but I want to make
sure everyone understands. Today most virii are not
actually destructive in the sense that they harm your
computer, instead they send out an email to every
address in your address book. This sounds harmless,
but what happens is that whole entire ISPs get flooded
to the point that their servers can actually crash
from the load. Even if the server does not crash,
important email can get delayed and personnel might
have to work overtime to monitor the servers to
prevent a possible crash. This costs service providers
extra money which results in higher fees for us. These
things prey on the altruistic motivations of people
like the originator of this thread. THat person was
doing a thing that was kind hearted by trying to save
us, unfortunately, the originator of this hoax knew
that good people are out there. So please, refrain
from ever posting about virii. Everyone who uses the
internet has heard by know that you should never open
an attachment. That is (most likely, there are
exceptions) the only way you really need to worry
about getting infected.