Re: Spawning frequency

Hello Dominic

I have had pairs of Cacatuoides and Aggie Alenquers that would spawn
every 3 to 4 weeks if i gave them the opportunity ( meaning i stole the
eggs or wigglers from the parent tanks..... flame sheild goiing up!! lol
) The Females would basically stay bright yellow and would spawn again,
once condtioned with live foods after removing the spawns.     I really
think that proper conditioning with live foods and good water quality
play the biggest part of spawning frequency.    Of course age of fish
has alot to do with it too.   I have found, my younger breeders spawned
more frequently then my larger adult pairs did.   I would get bigger
spawns out of my older bigger pairs, but not with the same frequency
that my younger pairs would do.    Hope this helps you out, of course
everyones experiences vary, these are just mine.

John