Re: RIO UCAYALI-FISH

Nathan,

I do not know of any apisto species that actually live in the Rio Ucayali, but there are many that live in
its tributaries:

A. eunotus and many forms (species?) similar to it
A. cruzi and many forms (species?) similar to it
A. sp. Masken/Masked (= some sp. Carapintada)
A. sp. Winkelfleck/Angle spot (only some populations)
A. cacatuoides
A. cf. juruensis (Black chin)
A. norberti
A. atahualpa
A. payaminonis
A. sp. Lyretail "Panduro"
A. nijsseni
A. panduro
A. agassizii
A. bitaeniata may come from the uppermost Ucayali, but not yet reported there in scientific papers
Apistogrammoides pucallpaensis.

I suggest that you look for 2 excellent references with information on Ucayali drainage apistos:

Kullander, S. O. 1986.  Cichlid fishes of the Amazon River drainage of Peru.  Swedish Museum of Natural
History. Stockholm, Sweden

Koslowski, Ingo. 1999. Neu und selten importierte Apistogramma-Arten (Part 1). Die Aquarien- und
Terrarienzeitschrift (DATZ) 52(12): 42-47

Koslowski, Ingo. 2000. Neu und selten importierte Apistogramma-Arten (Part 2). Die Aquarien- und
Terrarienzeitschrift (DATZ) 53(1): 30-35.

I hope this helps in your search.

Mike Wise