Re: Baby RAM food

Edison,
I would agree here. My Rams were always too small the first couple of days. I feed them liqui-fresh - a liquid food that is formulated and tasty too! (according to the little ones - no I didn't try it personally). After a couple of days they took to the BBS. I usually fed them the other stuff for a week, but you probably don't need to do that long - and daily water changes with that stuff through a air hose is necessary since that stuff accumulates on the bottom. If you have moss - they get a lot of extra micro-organisms off the moss, plus provides pretend shelter. Good luck!
Bonny

From: "Yvan Alleau" <yalleau@OCE.ORST.EDU>
To: <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: Re: Baby RAM food
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:30:57 -0700

hi edison,
from my experience rams fry have very small mouth so that they can't use BBS
right away. i was starting them with paramecies and after 4-5 days going to
BBS. Nevertheless, if the fry is in a well set tank with plants, wood
...they 'll find tons of micro-organisms to start. then you can feed them
BBS.
i have some as well right now swimming since two days: parents are doing a
good job now.
my small input.
take care
FLI USA

Yvan Alleau
712 Kings boulevard
97330 Corvallis, Oregon
home # 738-0606
College of Oceanic and Atmospheric Sciences
Oregon State University
office (Burt 222) # 737-3649, to be used wisely !
yalleau@oce.orst.edu

"When you're far from everything, you're getting closer to the essential"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Edison C. Yap" <sales_info@pacific.net.ph> To: <apisto@listbox.com> Sent: Monday, June 18, 2001 7:38 PM Subject: Baby RAM food