Rep:Re: Hey Big John!

Not so much funny as sad:-(
When I first got interested in Apistos; it took me
ages to find any of them, Rams were the only ones I
DCs I could find. Anyway, after more than a year of
scouring all the fish shops within a distance of 30
miles of my home, I finally found a group of Nanacara
Anomala (BTW- what is the anomala, and why not
apisto?). Two females, one male, all looking healthy
and spry.
I got them home in the middle of a heat wave,
worrying my heart out that the heat i9n the car would
cook them in the 30 mile journey. I needn't have
worried, they were just as good looking as when I
first saw them. Got them quarantined and into their
new home. Started to show their true colours and
getting oohs and aahs from anybody who saw them. Two
days later I found the male dead. I think one of the
females got a little agressive when I wasn't
lookin:(.
Oh well, these things happen, I never did find a male
to go with those females, but the bug has stuck with
me. Apistos can be the most frustrating and rewarding
fish, both within the same day sometimes!
I still have a soft spot for my Rams, I have a
special couple who greet me evry time they can see
me, and they seem to have rmarkable eyesight, usually
2-3 metres away is enough.
Must stop rambling.
C:-)lin