Re: crenacara filamentosa

Steve,

I've found Dicrossus filamentosus (a.k.a. Crenicara filamentosa) to be less
than good parents. The males are very casual about protecting a territory and
the females aren't the best at protecting eggs or fry. As I've written before
I once had a female fanning eggs while another female was below her eating
the spawn! I prefer to breed them in a large tank (20L) with no fish other
than the pair.

Mike Wise