Re: West Africans and cross breeding

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ade Lau" <adelau@uwyo.edu>

> Hi Ken,
> P. humilius is too large and aggressive. They will kill anything in the
> tank. 2 type of subocellatus from different location will cross if you
> given the chance. You probably don't want to do that.
>
> Ade

KEN

I agree with Ade on the P. humilius, they do get big and very agressive. I
have 2 pairs in a 75 and it is like don't cross the middle line or all hell
breaks loose, they have thier territory and do not enter it...They are very
vigorous eaters also, will eat anything you give them...If looking for a
smaller beauty get some P. roliffi.very atractive fish and stays small and
not as agressive...As for the nanochromis I have 3 harems of them (1 male 4
females in each group) they seem to like it this way..have never seen any
agressivness between them..It is funny to watch the female bend in the s
shape in front of the male and just shake to attract him...but they are
diggers so make sure all rocks are touching bottom of tank as to not  have a
cave in on them as they dig under them...I watch them swim under the rocks
and come out with a mouthful of sand an spit it out and repeat this for
hours...the tank is different all the time...have fun with what ever you
aquire.as thay are all nice fish you have chosen...

AL