Re: New species?

Eric,

I don't know of any male apisto that normally broods its fry. Many will do it
for a while, and often take on the yellow/black brood dress of the female. I've
even had male Nannacara anomala males brood fry and change their pattern to the
typical crosshatched brood pattern. I have a Rotpunkt male that has kept its
juvenile (female-like) colors that often "yellows" up when one of the females
has fry. I can only separate him from the females by the well developed black
borders on his dorsal and anal fins.

Mike Wise

Mike Wise