From: BigJohnW@webtv.net [mailto:BigJohnW@webtv.net]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 12:41 PM
To: Apisto@admin.listbox.com
Subject: Apistogramma sp Cara Pinta

Anyways, this past spring i bought some sp Cara Pinta or Masken as Mike
prefers to call them from Julio Melgar.   I was wondering if anyone else
has the same fish orginating from Julio.   I happen to have 5 males and
1 female and would love to trade some males for females.

Anyone having any luck getting them to spawn? If so, what kind of water
conditions are you using?   My fish are wild caught stock and the female
is yellow all the time but i never see eggs or fry?   Was wondering if
theres a nice little trick im missing or something?    Any help or
experience would be appreciated.

John