Re: crenacara filamentosa

You are confusing acidic with soft, those two
conditions are not related. What I mena is that if you
take a plant from a soft water area, say two specimens
from same spot. Put each in a separate container side
by side in identical light conditions. In one place
hard water, in the other soft. The plant with hard
water will grow better than the one with soft. This
may not apply to every plant (nothing is universal),
but I am betting it works with the majority. The hard
water generally contains CaCO3, at least our does.
This makes for great growth. I use zero Co2 in my
plant takes. I would hate to see them if I did, I can
hardly keep up with the growth now!