Re: algodon II/cruzi

Scott, I got mine from a friend in TX, don't know the cost. But believe they were listed as cruzi there.
They spawned for me twice. Once losing eggs, second time getting about 25 free swimming fry. Only four have survived to "eraser head" size. The female did ALL the fry tending, keeping the male cordoned to a far corner of the tank. I hated to lose him. The female is still yellow (stayed that way the entire time) and is very interesting to watch in my display tank. I hope to raise the four young to maturity and poss get another male to display.

----Original Message Follows---- From: Scott <zerelli@yahoo.com> Reply-To: apisto@listbox.com To: apisto@listbox.com Subject: Re: algodon II/cruzi Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 07:46:49 -0700 (PDT)

This is remarkably similar to the fish I have been
trying to identify. THe pet store gets them as any
number of different names that I know are incorrect
(last time they were listed as cacatouides). I get
them for around $4.