Re: ACA 2001

Hi Z-Man and all,
This year's convention was a blast!  Of course, it was
my first time.  I plan on going to Atlanta.  I met
Mike Wise and Helen Burns from Scotland, Oliver
Lucanus, Wayne Leibel, Jeff Mangus from ASG, Ade Lau
from Wyoming, Aaron Sur, a fish photographer from
Australia.  I was looking for BigJohn.  He didn't show
up. :-(. I met Mike Chapell from Threeguysaquatics,
Pam Chin and Caroline Estes of B.I.T.C.H (Babes In The
Cichlid Hobby).

Let's see, as Mike mentioned a few tanks did fall
down.  These tanks contained 3 of my friend's Discus
and a few Apistos.  We dashed in to collect the fallen
fish.  Apistos and Discus were thrown into my tank
with my male Panduro because I bought rainwater for
his tank.  The rest of the water was liquid rock.
Luckily all of the fish survived the ordeal.  My
Panduro looked good with all the fish in there with
him, but once they were removed he behaved in typical
Apisto fashion.  No, he didn't even place.  Otherwise,
NJAS didn't miss a beat.  They are a great club.

I think I will raise a few Apistos this year for
showing.  Apisto training camp.  Heck, if people out
there are showing cats anything can happen.

I bought some Papagei fry.  They have grown and
spawned already.  Chuck Davis was halarious at the
banquet.  I met Ken Davis, Mary Sweeney from TFH and
some people that I recognized their names but was to
shy to speak to.  Apisto people have to show up next
year to hear Mike Wise!

The comraderie was so strong that a few of us decided
to start a Cichlid club for the MD-VA-DC area.  We
have named ourselves the Capital Cichlid Association.
Capitalcichlids.com

Enough of my babbling,
Francine