Re: eunotus/cruzi/ or what?

Joe,

Yes, they will & I see nothing wrong in trying to reproduce your Steel Blues.
We breed red swordtails and they are just the same, crosses of several species
to enhance the color. The trick with Steel Blues is that females are almost
never shipped. This could be due to their lack of color, some genetic effect of
crossbreeding, or the temperature at which they are raised. I don't know why.
If you only have bright blue fish, then you only have males. In this case I'd
suggest that you use a female of one of the caetei forms. Just realize that
many apisto people (including me) don't buy such hybrids. We just prefer our
apistos more like the wild forms, so please don't sell them as a distinct
species, which they are not.

Mike Wise