Re: steindachneri vs. n. anomala(was:Local Pet stores)

Greg,

Since we don't know what your fish look like, I'd say yes, this is another good
possibility. Both A. steindachneri, which originally came into the hobby as
ortmanni, and N. anomala live in the same streams in Guyana. I've seen N.
anomala arrive listed as "A. ortmanni" on invoices. I'd suggest checking in a
book on dwarf cichlids. Any worth having will have photos of both N. anomala &
A. steindachneri. Both A. steindachneri & N. anomala are excellent dwarf
cichlids to start with.

Mike Wise