From: owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com
[mailto:owner-apisto@admin.listbox.com]On Behalf Of Brian Ahmer
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 2:46 PM
To: apisto@listbox.com
Subject: Re: Nijsseni fry!

on 8/21/01 12:17 PM, mopargrrl at mopargrrl@mindspring.com wrote:

> After a failed first attempt, my pair of A. nijsseni have fry!
> Mom ate the eggs the first time. Last night i saw her chasing
> the male into a corner of the tank, and i checked her cave
> and saw the little purple eggs. This morning, still lots of eggs
> and i spotted two free swimming fry near the cave.  Dad
> is hiding behind some plants in the back of the tank.
>
> We'll see if the fry make it past a few days old <crossing
> fingers>.
>
> off to jar up some Bettas,
> christine
> danville, ca

Hi, I've got a large, fully adult, beautiful pair of nijsseni's that just
won't spawn.  They're in a large planted tank with tons of dither fish
(potting soil under the gravel).  The pH is 6.5 and I've had it much lower.
Temp is 80F.  I've got blue rams that spawn constantly in the same water.

So my question is what the heck did you do to get the nijsseni to spawn??

Brian Ahmer
ahmer.1@osu.edu
http://www.angelfire.com/or/biggestbri