pH vs sex

It was mentioned on the list several times that there was a dependency between pH and sex (of fishes of course). Can anybody advise me where I can get some more detailed information? (WWW sites preferable)
I infer from various posts that for some species the rule is that the higher pH the more males but for the others just the other way around.
Has anyone of you conducted some documented experiments? I guess yes. What are those dependencies for particular apisto species?
Thanx for any responses in advance,

Boleslaw Gawel
Warszawa-Katowice
Poland