Egg eating apistos

Hi All,
I have a question or two about apistos that eat their eggs. In the last few
weeks I've had several fish lay eggs the only ones that made it were Borellii
who are almost 2 wks old right now. I had a viejta II in a 20L 1 male 2
females. The one female laid a nice clutch of eggs in pot. After that the
male went to other end of tank and seem to stay with the other female but,
the one that laid the eggs seem to be staying with her eggs. In about two
days the eggs were completely gone but, yet she still seem to be staying with
the pot.
I had an Agassizii Trio in a divided 30L, they had more than half the tank.
The one female laid eggs and ate them too. I took that female old and just
left the male and the remaining female. Well, yesterday after noon there was
a nice clutch of eggs from this female which are gone this morning. Any
ideas? I'm not a seasoned veteran so I know I'll have to do it someday but,
just a little afraid of pulling eggs and doing it myself.
                                                        JerryB