RE: CO2 Usage Question

[Dave Gomberg]

>Since I have more than one tank which I would like to provide CO2 for, has
>anyone used something larger for the reactor?

If you are going to feed CO2 into multiple tanks you WILL buy a pressurized
CO2 system.  It is just a question of whether you will buy it after you
spend a few hundred hours fooling with DIY or after.  You can buy a
pressurized system from me for $135 for the first tank and $40 for each
additional one.  Just add a CO2 cylinder (about $80 or
so).   http://www.wcf.com/co2iron

	I just enjoy the DIY thing so I was trying to do it that way for fun.  I
can hold off on the CO2 investment for now then.  I'll probably go
pressurized then later but I'm actually putting thought into this ahead of
time (-:

[Max]

Hi Gary,
I jump in here.I think a pressurized Co2 system would work better with 8
larger tanks.I build my own system from parts I found around our
warehouse.It cost me about 100.00 and works like  a charm.I used DIY for a
while but got really tired of it for two reasons:
You never have a stable ph in your tanks because it's almost impossible to
regulate the CO2 output from yeast production.
I'm lazy and didn't like to make a new brew every other week.
It's very messy also.I had a few accidents.
Another thought:Why don't you use some plants that don't require a lot of
light and Co2.You could use Cryptocorynes,Java fern-moss,Anubias Amazon
Swords etc.I use those plants in my dim lit Apisto tanks and they grow
fairly well.I only have one large show tank with all the high tech stuff
and
rare plants.
My two cents
Max
Visit "The Digital Aquarium" and L&M Tropicals at:
http://clix.to/Apisto

Thanks for the advice.  I hadn't thought that I could get away with not
having CO2 in a larger planted tank but I'll have to check out the low
requirement plants option like you mentioned.  Any thoughts on lighting
cheap?  I'm thinking the cheapest so far would be 48" shop lights but other
ideas are always welcome.

Jason