From: "Gary V. Friedlund" <friedlundg@orbitel.com>
To: "apisto@listbox.com" <apisto@listbox.com>
Subject: CO2 Usage Question
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 15:28:17 -0500

Greetings everyone,

I'm yet another energetic newbie or fry.  I am building my fish room slowly
due to a very limited budget so my first question for the group is a DIY
type question.  I have 8 tanks that are 30 gal (36" long tanks) that I'm
going to put dwarf cichilds into, including Apistos.  For the apistos, I
keep reading that they do much better in well planted tanks so I'm looking
into DIY CO2 production.  I've read the info on "the Krib" and was
wondering if anyone here has used the 1 or 2 liter technique to produce CO2
for their tanks.

Finally my question....

Since I have more than one tank which I would like to provide CO2 for, has
anyone used something larger for the reactor?  I don't want to have a to of
small CO2 reactors everywhere in my fishroom.  I have 2 larger, 5 gal water
cooler type, bottles that I was thinking to use for reactors to run more
than one tank.  Anyone have advice or thoughts on this?  My thoughts were
that I could run all the tanks on one bottle and cycle them as the Krib
mentions.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Friedlund