TDS meters

I looked up what TDS meters I have/had. The pH/TDS meter that was horrible was the Agritest-1 from hanna instruments ($80). It wouldn't stay calibrated and even when newly calibrated it wouldn't give the same readings as the expensive scientific meters in my university lab (it was WAY off. To the point of being worthless). I called the retailer that I got it from and they were great about it. They let me send it back even after the 30 day return policy had expired and I exchanged it for a better model (I still had to pay the difference of course). The next one I got is also from Hanna Instruments but is called the GroCheck meter. It does pH, conductivity, and TDS. The cost was $169. This one stays calibrated for very long periods of time, the probe doesn't need to be soaked in solution all the time (pain in the butt), and its readings consistently match my scientific meter. So this meter is great to have in the fish room. just stick the probe in the water and be assured that you're getting the correct readings. I also really liked how the retailer handled themselves and they sell these meters at cheaper prices than anywhere else I've seen. (I suppose I'll get sued now. oh well.)

The company was:

International Ripening Company
Home of QAsupplies.com
Mail & Physical Address:
1185 Pineridge Road
Norfolk, Virginia 23502-2095 U.S.A.
Toll Free Phone (North America): 800.472.7205
Telephone: +1.757.855.3094
Facsimile: +1.757.855.4155
info@QAsupplies.com

--